Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Caps vs. Avalanche 1-9-2008 Post-Mortem

Did I say Semin??? I meant Steckel... Onto the Battle Damage Assessment...

THE GOOD:
  • We've been tough on Olie Kolzig and even though he only needed 18 saves tonight, Kolzig was the big reason why we won this game.
  • Though Kolzig didn't do it alone, the team blocked 18 Avalanche shots tonight. Brooks Laich and Quintin Laing each had 3 apiece.

THE BAD:

  • Did I tell you this was going to be a snooze-fest or what? I thought I was at a Mistakes game with the lack of action on the event floor and the "entertainment" going on behind me in the stands.
  • The Caps went into a total defensive shell after going up 1-0. Yeah it did look like it would hold up but they let Colorado get too much space after taking the lead and the goal they did allow just 38 seconds after going up 2-0 was a prime example of that.

THE UGLY:

  • Laing has been with this team since the end of November and we STILL don't have a picture of him to put on the brand new High Def scoreboard?
  • It might have been force of habit but Steve Eminger was listed as a healthy scratch before the game. Not only did Eminger play (10:05, still less than Mr. Donald Brashear, who had 10:13) but he was a +1 and was credited with more hits than John "Coach's Pet" Erskine Bowles.

Yep, I want to see more mid-season, mid-week, inter-conference games. I'll be burning this game to a DVD so I have something to watch other than infomericals the next time I have a bout of insomnia. But hey at least

It's been... A TWO POINT NIGHT!!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home