Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I Stand Corrected

An intrepid reader points out to me that the Caps were saying that Mike Gartner had the first hat trick in a home opener in 1987 and not Alexander Semin this past Saturday as I had claimed. I looked a little further into this and I see that the Caps are right and I was wrong. I've corrected the offending post below.

How was I wrong? Well, first of all, I was tired when I checked out the stats. Secondly the Caps tripped me up because on page 208 of the 2005-2006 media guide, the hat tricks for 1987 are out of chronological order. This is why I missed that one. The Caps media guide has been plagued for years by all sorts of typos such as this. That hat trick has been out of chronological order since the 2001-2002 media guide. As a matter of fact, last year's guide has this little tidbit on page 313:

The Capitals team dressing rooms are closed prior to game time, although requested players will be made available. The Capitals' locker room will be open within 10 minutes of the end of the game to working media only. Bruce Cassidy's press conference will follow after approximately 15 minutes in Studio B (located across the hallway between the Capitals' and vistors' locker rooms).


Why would the Caps let Bruce Cassidy (and the Sundance Kid) hold a post-game press conference during the 2005-2006 season when they fired him as Head Coach on December 10th, 2003?

(Of course, I just got that date out of last year's media guide, so it too may not be correct information...)

I don't have this year's media guide yet but I will do my best to double check any information I attempt to pull out of it from here on out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home