Friday, October 06, 2006

Caps @ Rangers 10-5-2006 Wrap-up

The Local Yokels:

(Com)Post, Times; Jagr starts fast, Caps falter. (Are they sharing headline writers?????) Caps.com.

The Neutral Observers:

NHL.com AP wire

From the Other Side:

N.Y. Times doesn't fib on anything, Larry Brooks has once again claimed the Cup for the Rangers, New York Newsday, first Rangers season opener home win since 1985.

Final Thoughts:

First of all, Larry Brooks is on crack. Now with that out of the way, I feel a little better about the game after a good night's sleep. I'm not heading to Calvert Street or reaching for the sawed-off 12 gauge, it's only one game and I've admitted that I expect a long season. My primary problem is that I didn't see the fast, energetic, and physical Caps that the team crows about last night. Some of the mistakes came from the players who are simply place holders until the young talent in the system matures. I see that Glen Hanlon is already talking about putting Captain Chris Clark back with A.O. and Dainius Zubrus. That should lead to some improvement for Saturday night. But let's put this game behind us and forget about it. That's about all we can do with it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home