Saturday, December 09, 2006

Caps vs. Ducks 12-8-2006 Wrap Up/ Caps @ Flyers 12-9-2006 Preview

The Local Yokels:

(Com)Post. Times: Streaks end, Caps Report. Caps.com

The Neutral Observers:

NHL.com AP Wire.

The Other Side:

L.A. Times. Orange County Register. Ducks.com.

Final Thoughts:

It is always interesting to see if my feelings on the game are shared by the "unbiased" media and the players themselves. I find it interesting that the Caps feel as though that they played well but they ran into a buzz saw Ducks team. I have to respectfully disagree because they were way too many stupid turnovers and miscommunications during the game. Furthermore, I am astonished that anybody would try to argue that Olie Kolzig played a good game last night. Yeah they didn't get the bounces and breaks that they needed like they did against the Buffaslugs and Anaheim came in and played better than any of the other three teams on this past home stand did; but I have to say that I somewhat disturbed that the Caps are "ok" with this loss. I don't think it looked as good as they do. Oh well, 28 down 54 to go.



Washington Capitals (12-16; 30 points) @ Philadelphia Flyers (8-20; 20 points):
Caps Game #29, Road Game #14, NHL Game #428

Wachovia Center, Philadelphia, PA. 7:05 pm. Washington TV: WDCW Channel 50. Radio: WTNT 570-AM. Philadelphia TV: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia. Radio: WWIP 610-AM. NHL Center Ice: WDCW Channel 50 feed.

Tonight the Caps get back on the road and play on consecutive nights for the first time in two weeks by paying their last visit of the season to Philadelphia. The Flyers are heading nowhere fast, they are dead last in the Eastern Conference and only Columbus and St. Louis trail them in the overall standings. Philadelphia has lost two in a row though both of those games were against the New Jersey Devils, the most recent being last night's 2-0 shutout in the Joisey swamps.

What The Natives Are Saying:

Caps.com. Caps.com is still linking to last night's game notes right now.

Open Source Intelligence:

Philadelphia Inquirer: Can't solve Brodeur, Floppa Forsberg out. Flyers.com.

Neutral Views:

NHL.com AP Wire.

What Do I Expect Tonight?:

With the Caps playing on consecutive nights and their third game in four nights along with this being a stretch of 4 games in six days, Brent Johnson should get the start in goal tonight. Let's hope Johnny plays better than his last start, the 7-1 loss at home to the Maple Leafs on November 24th. Furthermore, the Johnny hasn't won a game since coming on in relief for Kolzig in the 4-3 OT comeback win over the Ottawa Senators on November 6th. The last time he won a game he started was in Philly last month. The Flyers are continuing their slide and look to be out of hope soon if not so already. This is a game that people are going to expect the Caps to win. Whether or not they can step up and get the job done remains to be seen.

Caps Nut Official Washington Hockey.com Predict The Score Contest Entry:

Caps 5
Flyers 2
Winner by Semin

Special Request For The Two Dozen Readers Of This Blog:

Well gang, I come to you today just as your humble servant. Last night I was made an offer I couldn't refuse and as a result I am doing something that I swore I would never do. Later today I will be going on the Caps Fan Club bus to Philadelphia to watch tonight's game among the Philthy Phans. There may or may not be a Post-Mortem tonight and my blog could very well end today (I do have one other post planned for today). So I ask all of my loyal readers to pray to whatever God you believe in (as long as the Anti Christian Lawyers Union still allows it) for my safe return tonight. Thank you.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home