Caps @ Thrashers 10-22-2009 Wrap Up
The Local Yokels:
(Com)Post. Times. Caps.com.
The Neutral Observers:
NHL.com. AP Wire.
The Other Side:
Atlanta Journal-Constitution: still second, White Russians. Thrashers.com.
- If there ever was a win that would force you "back to the drawing board." This would be it.
- The Power Play didn't work because the players on the Power Play didn't want to work.
- Semyon "The Saviour" Varlamov once again showed why he's a work in progress and shouldn't be handed the #1 goaltender position.
- We know the bashers won't care but in addition to a career high three points tonight, Jeff "Sergeant" Schultz was also a +3 tonight and wasn't on the ice for any of the goals scored by Atlanta.
- Tom Poti though was on for three of them.
- Seven penalties against a hot Power Play is bad enough, but to take four penalties in the third period, three of them with less than 3 minutes left, when nursing a multiple goal lead is downright awful.
- The only bright spot (if you could call it that) was that the Caps still scored five goals in spite of the top line not producing a single point.
9 down, 73 to go.
Labels: 2009-2010 Caps Game Wrap Ups