Friday, April 13, 2007

Having Fun Yet?

For various assundry reasons I've only been able to catch bits and pieces of the Game 1's that have taken place over the last two nights. But there are a few of things I want to point out:

  1. Remember what I said about breaks? Well my Stanley Cup pick (as chronicled on The Venerable Off Wing Opinion) has already taken one themselves. While he's currently listed day-to-day, if Cheechoo can't get back San Jose is in trouble. However, if San Jose can get past the Predators w/o Cheechoo, the Sharks will be serious trouble for whoever they play next.
  2. Note to Ted, I like those scarfs the Thrashers gave to their fans last night. I didn't like the blue painted glass stanchions. That was ugly.
  3. If the Penguin Scum continue to get almost twice as many Power Play opportunities as the Senators, Ottawa isn't going to last very long.
  4. I woke up about 3 am on Thursday morning and the Dallas-Vancouver game was starting their fourth OT. I forget which channel I was watching the game on (it was 3 am people...) but I do remember the color guy talking about using a gimmick to decide the game. I told you folks this was going to happen.

The important thing to remember after the last two nights is that it is just one game. The first game usually does not decide a series and the only one where that MIGHT be the case is Nashville-San Jose. But the jury is still very much out on all of the series, so if you're inclined to do a touchdown dance because your favorite team won and/or your least favorite team lost, don't. There is plenty of hockey still to be played

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home