Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Caps vs. Sens 11-6-2006 Wrap Up

The Local Yokels:

(Com)Post. Times. Caps.com.

The Neutral Observers:

NHL.com AP Wire.

The Other Side:

Ottawa Citizen. Ottawa Sun.

Final Thoughts:

On March 11th, 2001 the Ottawa Senators I believe took a 5-2 lead into the third period against the Caps at the Phone Booth. The Caps scored four times in the third to win the game 6-5 in one of the more thrilling regular season games I've ever seen. I haven't had the chance to see last night's game yet but when I do fire up the DVD recorder to watch this game, I'll have that game from almost 6 years ago in my mind. That's because that comeback on March 11th, 2001 was the last gasp of the Capitals before the tailspin for this team started. After winning that game the Caps lost their next six in a row and have never really been the same. As a matter of fact, the next time the Caps played the Senators, they lost 11-5 on November 13th, 2001 as Ottawa didn't bother stop scoring in that game. My sincere hope is that this comeback signals the "bookend" and that the Caps have finally arrived. Sadly, I don't think that is the case, but only time will tell if I am right or if I am wrong. 14 down, 68 to go.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home