Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Schadenfreude Moment

Malkin temporaliy hospitalized.

I have to say, when I first heard about this I laughed, I laughed even harder when I was told that it was his own teammate who took him out. I guess the grizzled old vets in Pittsburgh are laying down the law early this year. (Ok, yes, that was a cheapshot)

People forget, Malkin had questions about concussions and overall durability heading into the 2004 draft. I was also told that Malkin's face was bloodied from a possible broken nose. I haven't seen any highlight packages yet so I don't know for sure if this is the case.

Yes, I admit I want to see Malkin fall flat on his face. I want to see him put there by players on other teams in a clean fashion. I am tired of the Malkin worship that has been occurring before he even stepped onto NHL ice. It was approaching the level of absurdity that accompanied Secondary Assist Sydney Crosby (TSN Headline, Crosby Farts!). But stuff like "He's trying to keep his spirits up" isn’t a good sign about this player.

In all honesty, this makes me treasure the player the Caps have (and took instead of Malkin) in A.O.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home