Tuesday, March 06, 2007

You're Wrong, It Isn't A Right

I first saw this last night when I cruised on by The Venerable Off Wing Opinion and the while digging up links for the tonight's game preview I found more complaints. And I have to say that I am baffled by this.

First of all, let me start out by stating that I do not know what the law is in Canada. But I can tell you for a certainty that here in the United States that your Internet Service Provider IS REQUIRED BY LAW to have access to your e-mail coming and going. ANYTHING you send over e-mail can be opened and read by the service provider. Now why this comes as a shock to NHL Players who are using their union thug e-mail accounts is beyond me.

Furthermore, this IS NOT an "invasion of privacy." First of all it is settled law that electronic communications are not private. Not only are you voluntarily providing your information to a third party, oftentimes in the Terms of Service that you agree to when you register you give your ok to the ISP to read your e-mail.

Now again, I do not know the ins and outs of Canadian law, but I would be greatly surprised if Canada grants that kind of privacy to individuals when they deal with third parties who are private enterprises, especially considering that e-mail can used to arrange and conduct criminal activities.

Finally, Constitutional rights such as the mythical "right to privacy" do not apply to private enterprises. You often hear idiots try to invoke their First Amendment rights to freedom of speech on a message board and they of course get nowhere fast. Becaus folks, when you're dealing with private enterprise, the Constitution does not apply. Again this is "settled law" and quite frankly I think this is nothing more than the "dissidents" trying to make a mountain out of a molehill because they were stupid enough to use Union communication tools in their attempt to overthrow the Union leadership.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home