Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Crazy From the Heat

Ok folks, we need some help quickly. Japers' is holding a contest for his favorite ice girl. We need to get NHL training camps open pronto here.

I would be willing to cast a vote myself (I have to admit, I find contestant #5's almost emotionless expression rather intriguing...) but I do not feel that I can be an objective judge because my heart belongs to a contestant not even listed. As a matter of fact, I needed a Google Cache search to bring up my-all-time favorite ice girl Blondie from the Carolina Hurricanes. Now folks, let assure you that the pictures there do not this girl justice. As a matter of fact, I am rather disappointed that Google can't find the picture of Blondie that, for me at least, ruined all other ice girls forever. As Hanz and Franz used to say "hear me now and believe me later" when I say that if you had seen this picture too, you would know exactly what I was talking about and would understand why I was so mesmerized that I forgot to right-click and save as. I remembered to do it for this one (which BTW I had an 8 x 10 printed out and then autographed) but there was just something about Blondie's picture that I just didn't do it. I can't explain why. (And if you have the picture in question, please be a friend and share with the rest of the world by e-mailing it to me at "capsnut" over at gmail dot com." Thanks!)

Anyway, on a more serious Canes-related note, season ticket sales are up about 60% in Raleigh. Why do I mention this? Well it's bad news for us Caps fans. This means we'll only be able to bring four busloads of Caps fans to Raleigh this season instead of our usual six. Our "home ice advantage" in Raleigh has just been compromised.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home