Game 5 Caps vs. Canadiens 4-23-2010 Post-Mortem
Some things never change... Onto the Battle Damage Assessment...
- After giving up two early goals, Semyon "The Saviour" Varlamov recovered with a solid performance to keep the game from getting further out of hand.
- For the first time this season, the Caps Penalty Killers shutdown the Montreal Power Play. The Caps were 6 for 6 tonight.
- No way to sugar coat it, the Caps top line was on the ice for all three goals scored tonight. If we had won 3-0 or 2-1, that wouldn't be a problem, but it is a problem when we lose 2-1.
- We're not sure how it happened, but taking a Too Many Men on the Ice penalty with just over a minute to go is not a good way to finish off a game.
- The Caps Power Play failed big-time tonight. 0 for 5 with 11 shots on goal. We give Jaroslav Halak credit for making a big save on Alexander "Slappy" Semin in the third period. But there was precious little fighting for rebounds on the Power Play tonight which is a cause for concern going forward.
- As usual with a loss, we didn't bother listening to the Post-Game Show on the radio because we didn't want to hear what was being said about Mike "BEAM ME UP" Green. We don't think Green's defending has been all that bad, it has been his puck handling as he seems to be once again succumbing to the pressure of the playoffs. Some of it isn't necessarily his fault as he had some bad bounces but as long as he's not blowing defensive assignments, we can live with his play. Other however are different story...