Caps vs. Canes 3-10-2010 Post-Mortem
Some quick hits for tonight....
- We guess the fifth time was the charm for Tomas Fleischmann who returned to the second line and kept whiffing on chances as a result. He almost whiffed on his game winner too.
- Mike "BEAM ME UP" Green was also a double edged sword tonight. Two Power Play goals scored, unit was 2 for 4, but an ugly, ugly turnover that lead to the goal that tied it up at two. Will he have a seat on Friday night?
- Jose "Alvin, Simon," Theodore continued with his solid play. None of the goals allowed were his fault and he came up with some really big stops. Thank goodness it will be his turn in the rotation on Sunday.
- It's not often that a team gets more shots on goal shorthanded than they do on their Power Play, yet the Canes managed exactly that tonight. And despite some great penalty killing, the Caps weren't able to generate any shots on goal while shorthanded tonight.
- The Penalty Killers were strong tonight going 4 for 5 and kept Carolina on their heels with the man advantage.
- The interference call on Joe Scorvo is something we've railed about in the past but was about as cheap a moving pick as you're ever going to see. A more blatant moving pick was set against Fleischmann in the first period went uncalled.
- Early on it looked as if Alexander "Slappy" Semin was going to have one of his great nights. He scored the first goal of the game and had some nice moves but slowly faded as the game went on.
It has been... A TWO POINT NIGHT!!!
Labels: 2009-2010 Post-Mortems