Caps @ Panthers 11-6-2009 Post-Mortem
Never a dull moment... Onto the Battle Damage Assessment...
- "The Life of" Brian Pothier with a goal and two assists tonight. We need him to get in to a better groove with the injuries starting to mount.
- Brendan Morrrissonn with two goals including the all-important empty-netter. It would have counted regardless because he was fouled as he went into score the goal and the referee raised his arm to call a penalty.
- And we have to say, a good job by the Penalty Killing crew killing off the major penalty in the third period and not allowing a shot on goal in the process. That is how we know the penalty killers can play.
- Shaone Morrrissonnn's penalty in the third period really put the Caps behind the eight ball and we were a little lucky to survive.
- Jose "Alvin, Simon," Theodore gave up only one goal tonight and made 28 saves but had issues with rebound control tonight.
- Mike "BEAM ME UP" Green and Jeff "Sergeant" Schultz both going down with injuries tonight. After Morrrissonnn's ejection, that left the Caps with only four defensemen to skate. Luckily Tyler Sloan was dressed as a forward and was able to step in and help stem the tide on the blueline. However, we're likely to get a return of John "Coach's Pet" Erskine Bowles tomorrow night and that's what makes this really ugly.
It has been... A TWO POINT NIGHT!!!
Labels: 2009-2010 Post-Mortems