Caps @ Maple Thug Leafs 11-21-2009 Post-Mortem
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.... Oh... Hi there... Onto the Battle Damage Assessment...
- Through regulation and overtime, Semyon "The Saviour" Varlamov was the best player on the ice for the Caps tonight registering 38 saves. He deserved a much better fate than this tonight.
- A.O. being A.O. again. He scored the Caps lone goal during the game and took six shots on goal which was tied for the team lead.
- The Power Play had four chances and 10 shots on goal against the worst Penalty Killing unit in the league and came up empty handed.
- If somebody knows what Bruce Boudreau was thinking by pairing Tyler Sloan with John Carlson, would you be as so kind as to let us know? Thanks! Talk about a pairing that just did not work...
- The game was decided by a gimmick and really had no business having a winner declared in any fashion. This game is Exhibit A in why the gimmick is a bad idea.
- The Caps gave up 39 shots on goal, 28 of them through the first two periods.
Labels: 2009-2010 Post-Mortems